Services for Contractors, Vendors & Partners

If you are a Summit County Engineer contractor or vendor, check this page for some tools and resources to help you get jobs, find Summit County manuals, get a road opening permit, and more.

Invoicing and Payments

Companies doing business with the County will need to provide a W-9 to the finance department. Some vendors will need to follow additional requirements if federal funding is involved in the project. Those requirements will be listed in the bid package. The County will also need a detailed invoice in order to make a payment for services. 

Construction contractors with any questions can call 330-643-8559 to reach our Construction Section Manager. 

Other questions can be directed to


The Summit County Engineer's Office uses two programs to bid projects.

Construction projects will be bid using Bid Express, as that is the service used by the Ohio Department of Transportation. Potential vendors and bidders must be registered at A vendor resources link is provided below. 

The other service SCE uses is Munis Vendor Self Service. This is used for professional service contracts and task order contracts. All potential bidders and contractors must be registered with Summit County through Vendor Self Service. Find out how to register and search for jobs with the links and examples below. The Summit County Executive's Purchasing Department has more information here.

Vendor Self Service Portal

Vendor Self Service Registration Instructions for Existing Vendors

Vendor Self Service Registration Instructions for New Vendors


Online Tools

We have our monument finder, plats and plans, road records, and survey tools available online to help surveyors and engineers with various county projects. Please check out the tools below.

Manuals and Standards

See below for some Summit County requirements regarding traffic access management and stormwater. Road and bridge construction specifications will be included in the bid packages for the specific projects.

Permits, Checklists, and RUMAs

Contractors needing a road opening or special hauling vehicle permit can find the pdf files below. The completed forms can be signed, scanned, and emailed to or mailed to: Summit County Engineer's Office, Attn: Permits Coordinator, 538 E. South Street, Akron, OH 44311.

Companies wishing to routinely run overweight trucks on County-owned roads and bridges must have a signed Roadway Use and Maintenance Agreement with the County. An example of a RUMA is attached below. To begin the process of developing a RUMA with Summit County, please email

Developers or builders building new homes must use the New Home Construction Checklist linked below. The checklist must be turned in with all site plans that require review from the Summit County Engineer's Office. Any questions can be sent to