Construction : Intersection Improvement: Cleveland-Massillon Road at Ridgewood Road
Oct 23, 2020
Tim Boley, PE, Highway/Drainage Engineering Section Manager
06-15-2020 - 12-31-2020
This project will improve the intersection of Cleveland Massillon Road at the western leg of Ridgewood Road on the border between Copley Township and the City of Fairlawn.
The proposed improvement will:
- Provide a new south bound right turn lane on Cleveland Massillon Road from the Rothrock Circle intersection to Ridgewood Road,
- Provide a new east bound left turn lane on Ridgewood Road at the intersection and extending 400 feet to the west.
- Require the acquisition (donation) of land from the Copley School District to accommodate the new turn lanes,
- Reconstruct the existing traffic signal installation, including new signal supports,
- Modify the existing storm water collection basin near the intersection.
The environmental review, consultation, and other actions required by applicable Federal environmental laws for this project are being, or have been, carried-out by ODOT pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327 and a Memorandum of Understanding dated December 11, 2015, and executed by FHWA and ODOT.
Cook Paving and Construction Co. is the lowest bidder for this project. A pre-construction meeting was held on July 7, 2020. This project was slightly delayed due to a utility issue. The utilities have been cleared and paving and signal work have begun. Permanent signal poles were installed the week of October 19th.
- Cleve Mass at Ridgewood Legal Ad (PDF, 98.6k)